Elon University / Today in Elon / Donors pave the way for Elon Day 2022
The Elon community came together and raised over $3.5 million for students on Elon Day 2022.
On Tuesday, March 1, thousands of donors around the world celebrated Elon Day by giving gifts and sharing their Elon pride on social media. In total, the Elon community raised $3,513,081 from 4,988 donations and created many new opportunities for current and future Elon students.
Their donations will directly impact a variety of campus designations, including scholarships, college schools and departments, Elon Athletics, student organizations and more.
“We are so proud of the leadership the Elon community shows every year on Elon Day,” said James B. Piatt, Jr., vice president for college advancement. “Elon donors continue to step in to support students each year, and their generosity is a testament to the strength of our Elon family. We are grateful to everyone who contributed to Elon Day so that students have even more opportunities to lead.
Elon Day donors participated in several challenges and matches throughout the day, leading to the announcement of 17 new prizes.
In addition to giving gifts, students and alumni attended a variety of on-campus and regional events. Elon hosted five campus events, including two College Coffees, a student party, an Elon Day-themed Mardi Gras party, and a senior toast. Regional Elon Alumni Chapters held a total of 38 events around the world with over 1,000 attendees.
Elon Day gifts of any size, to any field or program, also count towards the Elon LEADS campaign.
Special thanks to the generous donors below for making these challenges possible.
- Debra and Claudio Del Vecchio P’23 P’24
- Joan and Ed Doherty P’07
- Dina ’87 and Burney ’87 Jennings P’18
- Jen and Dave Porter P’11 P’19
- Sue and Bill Smith
- Rene and Smith Jackson
- Jennifer and Andrew Greenfield P’24
- Vicki and Mike Herson P’23
- Pam and David Rothenstein P’23
- Aimee and Ed Cunningham P’23
- Maity Interiano ’07
- Laurie and Chip Bevier P’24
- Taylor Melvin P’22
- Kellie and Bob Hilb P’20
- Jerry Neuman P’22
- Craig Leupold P’23
- Jill Rose ’00 and TJ Rose ’00
- Stephen and Debbie Ellick P’18 P’21 P’23
- Debi and Harris Gellman P’22
- Grace and Dan Melrod P’23
- Kathy and Russell Smith P’15
- Several anonymous donors
- Wes Durham ’88
- Jim Follette P’24 P’25
- Garrett McKnight ’94
- Jamie Tidwell ’97
- Dr. Richards P’23
- Zac Walker III ’60
- Jay ’71 and Amy Hendrickson ’69
- David ’87 and Sue Rich ’85
- John ’01 and Kim Marshall
- Phoenix Club Advisory Board