Elon University / Today in Elon / Elon University 2022 Impact Report Details Alumni, Community Support
Elon reflects on the impact of Elon alumni and families throughout the 2021-2022 fiscal year.
As we wrap up one school year and prepare for the next, we take a look at the incredible support Elon has received over the past year, which has provided current and future students with life-changing opportunities.
Check out some of the highlights from the 2021-2022 year below that show just how far the support from Elon’s alumni, family and friends can go.
The partnership with Elon is exemplified by the many events attended and supported.
- More than 2,000 alumni returned to campus for the 2021 Homecoming & Reunion weekend.
- Alumni from 20 chapters attended Welcome to the City events across the country.
- More than 6,300 alumni have committed to their alma mater throughout 2021-2022.
- More than 2,300 parents and grandparents attended one or more of the 84 parent and grandparent events.
- 2,105 alumni and more than 470 parents and grandparents showed their commitment to Elon by donating their time throughout 2021-2022.
Elon wouldn’t be able to operate the way it does without the help of dedicated ambassadors who serve as:
- Board and Council Members
- Affinity Network Volunteers
- Elon’s Champions of the Day
- Reunionese volunteers
- Regional Chapter Volunteers
- Social Media Ambassadors
- parent council
- Elon Family Ambassadors
In addition to attending events and giving their time to Elon as volunteers, Elon is incredibly grateful to have a large number of alumni and family donors. This year, 7,018 spectacular alumni and 3,712 parents or grandparents donated to provide Elon students with life-changing experiences. Gifts of all sizes were also considered for the Elon LEADS campaign.
- Over $123,000 was raised for the Black Alumni Scholarship in the 2021-2022 fiscal year.
- The participation of graduates has increased to 20%.
- Elon once again had a successful Elon Day, raising over $3.5 million, from 4,988 donations, on the annual giving day.
- Alumni contributed over $4 million while parents and grandparents contributed over $5 million for a total of 519 funds throughout the year.
Thank you to all members of the Elon family who have supported current and future students this year, whether financially, by participating in events or by volunteering. Elon is a special place made even more special by those who support him.