The week in government
Here are the open committee and board meetings posted for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
Unless otherwise stated, meetings are all remote sessions open to the public.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to occur throughout the week. (Scroll down for more details on the meetings that arose after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the city’s website.
Tuesday, April 19, 2022
- Southborough Public Accessibility Committee Meeting09:00 @ City Hall Audience Chamber (agenda) Agenda Highlights: City Electronic Communications Accessibility Updates, Sections 30 (Rules and Regulations) and 29 (Standing Trails Committee), St. Mark’s Park Design, Budget Request and ARPA Funds Request
Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- Southborough Housing Authority meeting5:30 p.m. @ 49 Boston Road (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Executive Director’s report and bill payments
- Noise By-Law Committee Meeting7:00 p.m. (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Settlement status and presentation; Work on programming, Q&A and outreach
- Master Plan Committee Meeting7:00 p.m. (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss the chapters on public service and schools, and on open spaces, natural resources and recreation; other final changes; Feedback on implementation; Pictures
- Leisure committee meeting7:00 p.m. (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Vote on the article of the terms of reference of the trails committee
Thursday, April 21, 2022
- ARPA committee meeting7:30 p.m. (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Survey results; Review proposals, responses to questions and remaining questions; Evaluation approach and next steps
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list:
Thursday, April 14, 2022
- Community Preservation Committee Meeting7:00 p.m. (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Updates on library restoration and conservation restrictions for the library and townhouse; Discuss signage for multiple projects; Review Chapter 218 of the Statutes of 2016 (H.4565) and the impact on CPA funding; Calendar and activities of the annual municipal meeting
- Economic Development Committee Meeting7:30 p.m. (agenda, video-not-yet-published) Agenda Highlights: AEE Grant for Status of Route 9 Wastewater Study; Route 9 Economic opportunity and zoning review; MBTA Communities
*The City intends to make each of its remote public meetings available for viewing/listening via live (and recorded) video and audio streaming on YouTube, with some being commentable by the public via zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.
I do not include executive closed sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of action in open session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**While the Regional School Committee is back to in-person meetings, these are generally streamed live (for viewing, not participation) by the Northborough Cable Access Education Channel. (Optionally, they are also shared on NCAT’s YouTube channel.)